Rakaposhi is situated in the Nagar Valley acing Hunza, it is one of the magnificent pyramids in the world. The peak can be climbed from all sides. Dominating the horizon it is constantly visible from the Karakoram Highway.
The scene from Hunza is awesome and beyond description. Its perpetual glacier adds thrill of delight that belongs to the beauty of Hunza.
In 1892, Martin Conway explored this peak though he could not find way to summit. On June 25, 1958 a British/Pakistani joint expedition members Mike Banks and Tom Patey of UK reached the summit. The North Spur was climbed on August 2, 1979 by Eiho Ohtani and Matsushi Yamashita of Waseda University Japan.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Islamabad Airport|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please arrive at least 2 hours before the flight.|
Biafo Glacier is also known as the home of the brown bear. Geologists and other experts have measured the depth of the glacier to be as deep as one and half kilometers ( about one mile ) at points. Hispar Pass is a vast plateau of snow and ice from where trekking routes lead to Nagar, Hunza and to Shimshal. Crossing the Hispar La at 5151m/16,998ft we descend into the Nagar region. Although we cross the highest point of the trek we still must negotiate several of the glacier tails flowing down from the mountains. The reward of this effort is the green and lovely campsite before arriving in Nagar and then drive to Hunza Valley. This strenuous trek has many stories about it that tell us of the ethno-cultural link between the Brushos of Hunza and Nager and the Baltis of erstwhile Shigar state.
- Day 01: Arrival Islamabad Upon Arrival transfer to the Hotel. Afternoon twin city tour.
- Day 02: Islamabad – Chilas Departure for Chilas by road on KKH.
- Day 03: Chilas – Gulmit Drive to Gulmit via Gilgit. Enroute wonderful views of Nanga Parbat and Rakaposhi.
- Day 04: Gulmit – Khunjerab Pass – Hunza Further drive to Khunjerab Pass and back to Karimabad.
- Day 05: Hunza K. Abad Day free to visit famous Altit and Baltit Forts.
- Day 06: K. Abad – Mianpin – Hapakun Early departure for Minapin – the starting point for trekking. Start trek for 3 – 4 hrs till we camp at Hapakun
- Day 07: Hapakun – Tagafari Another 3 – 4 hrs trek
- Day 08: Tagafari – Kacheli Continue for another camping site for 4 – 5 hrs.
- Day 09: Kacheli – Hapakun Be patient to catch your next camping destination for 3 – 4 hrs walk.
- Day 10: Hapakun – Minapin 2 hrs walk till Minapin and drive to Gilgit for overnight stay.
- Day 11: Gilgit Visit Buddha Rock at Kargah. Afternoon free.
- Day 12: Gilgit – Besham Drive to Besham for overnight stay in hotel.
- Day 13: Besham – Islamabad Early in the morning 6 – 7 hrs drive to Islamabad. Visit Taxila museum enroute
- Day 14: Fly Home Bye and Hand Shake