Bicycling on the winding roads of the Himalaya, Karakoram and Hindukush valleys would heighten your experience as you will have an occasion of a tidies uphill paddling and then abruptly ride downhill,
passing through alpine forests, open valleys, along the rivers and lakes and lush meadows. Meet friendly people on the way as you may be offered with a local taste of tea and perhaps food. We can arrange your bicycle tour with a van to follow you so that you may at any time climb aboard the vehicle in case you are tired or the weather disallow you to continue bicyclin.
This trek is for real mountainbike freaks, physically well prepared people! Experience in mountainbiking is a must.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Islamabad Airport|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please arrive at least 2 hours before the flight.|
- Day 1: Arrival in Islamabad, transfer to the hotel.
- Day 2: Drive to Chilas. 15 hours jeepdrive. Overnight in hotel.
- Day 3: For a short time we follow the Karakorum Highway (KKH) by Jeep to Jaglot. From there we start to make our first experience on the road by bike. On the way our cook will offer us lunch. Overnight in camp in Doyang, a beautiful campsite next to the Astor River.
- Day 4: Dayon – Astor. The road is rough. Many rocky parts are to overcome. We camp next to Astor.
- Day 5: Astor – Tarishing. The track is again strenuous. It needs a lot of power and concentration. The scenery is wonderful. In Tarishing we camp overnight.
- Day 6: If the weather is good, we trek to the Nanga Parbat BC. The view to this grandious mountain is wonderful. Camp at the Herlikoffer BC.
- Day 7: Nanga Parbat BC – Tarishing, overnight in camp.
- Day 8: A superb downhill part is waiting for us. Through a green valley full of flowers and sprinkling water we bike to Chilim. Overnight in camp.
- Day 9: Chilim – Chackor Pass 4100 m -Shaucer Lake. The steep ascend to the pass (about 1000 highmeters) is strenuous. Along the track there are wonderful flower meadows.
- Day 10: Restday. At the blue lake, with a beautiful view of the Nanga Parbat we enjoy our time and let our legs relax.
- Day 11: Shaucer Lake – Barapani. This day is a special enjoyment on a rather good bike road.In Barapani,after crossing the bridge, we set up our camp. With a little luck we may observe bears. This part already belongs to the National Park of Deosai plains.
- Day 12: Barapani – Deosai Top. We continue our route on a good bike track, crossing a lot of waterpools and small rivers. In the afternoon we have the possibility to visit a Pakistani dairy. Overnight in camp.
- Day 13: Deosai Top – Satpara Lake. Our longing to the superb downhill got an end.Downhill for the next 20 km! The road is narrow, rough and demands a lot of concentration. The difficult ride is pure enjoyment! Overnight at Satpara Lake.
- Day 14: Satpara – Skardu. Today we reach again the civilization. Shower and washing day. We can visit the amazing bazaar or relax in the garden of the hotel.
- Day 15 – 16: Skardu – Kaplu. A long but very beautiful road partly metalled, leads us along the Indus and the Shiok river to Kaplu, a village, where we can see the old traditional tibetan houses and the people living with their culture. We are spending the night in a hotel at the top of the village with a beautiful view to the Shiok valley. It is possible to go a few kilometers further, to have a gleam of the magic Masherbrum mountain 7800 m.
- Day 17: Kaplu – Skardu, by jeep or by bike. Overnight in hotel.
- Day 18: If the weather allows us, we have a splendid flight to Islamabad. Otherwise we take the way back on KKH via Chilas. Overnight in hotel.
- Day 19: Reserve day
- Day 20: Onward flight. Khuda hafiz!