Fairy Meadow is a lush green plateau, at 3300 m, offering a breath taking view of Majestic Nanga Parbat (The Killer Mountain). Many people have called it the “Heaven on Earth”.
These lush, green meadows and forests lie at the base of Nanga Parbat at the western edge of the Himaliyan range in Pakistan. Fairy Meadows is a very peaceful and relaxing place to enjoy the mountain atmosphere and hospitality of the local people.
Fairy Meadows is in the heart of exotic Gilgit Baltistan, Pakistan, It is located at the base of Nanga Parbat, which, at 8126 m, is the 9th highest mountain in the world and second in Pakistan after K2.
Fairy Meadows has been a source of enchantment since long for back packers, climbers, wildlife researchers, photographers, painters & geologists, besides nature lovers. The pine forests skirting Fairy Meadows are perhaps one of the virgin forests in the north ofPakistan, and are home to a number of species of birds and wildlife. The site overlooks the Raikot Glacier and provides a majestic view of the North Face of Nanga Parbat, commonly known as the Raikot Face.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Islamabad Airport|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please arrive at least 2 hours before the flight.|
- Day 01: Arrival Islamabad Upon Arrival transfer to the Hotel for overnight stay.
- Day 02: Chilas – Gilgit Drive to Gilgit the capital city of Northern areas of Pakistan. At Thakot, we cross Chinese made bridge to enter the gorge of Indus river. For centuries this branch of Silk Route was used by the traders and Buddhist missionaries.
- Day 03: Gilgit-Hunza We drive out from Gilgit to re-enter the town from the historic route, crossing a suspension bridge over river. At Kargah to visit the rock-carved Buddha from 7th century AD.
- Day 04: Hunza Day free in Karimabad for short walks to Altit and Baltit Forts, and for other explorations in Hunza Valley The people of Hunza are famous for their long lives.
- Day 05: Drive and Trek Fairy Meadow We will drive back to Gilgit on Karakoram Highway after crossing Gilgit we will arrive at Raikot; at Raikot board on 4×4 soft top jeeps after one hours drive we will arrive at Jaile, a small village inhabited by Shina speaking Chilasis. Our trek commencement point.
- Day 06: Short Walks Around Fairy Meadow Morning light brings the surprise view of Nanga Parbat massif from the campsite. After breakfast at dinning tents at camp, we commence short walks around Fairy Meadows.
- Day 07: Trek to Base Camp of Nanga Parbat An ideal day’s walk to the base camp of Nanga Parbat. We walk through the pine tree covered valley with Raikot glacier flowing on our left side and the summit of Nanga Parbat straight ahead.
- Day 08: Trek and Drive back to Besham Three hours down hill walk from Fairy Meadows along Tato river to Jaile. At Jaile board on your jeeps once again and arrive at Raikot bridge on KKH over Indus river.
- Day 09: Drive to Islamabad Continue drive on KKH, towards Islamabad by pass the important archaeological site of Taxila and by afternoon arrive Islamabad, transfer to hotel.
- Day 10: Islamabad-Depart Morning transfer to the airport for the onward flight to abroad.