Hunza Patundas Trek situated in the upper Hunza between the Batura glacier and Passu glacier at an altitude of 4170m, it’s a climb of 1500 m the moraine of Passu glacier.
In a high point surrounded by high peaks of Shisper 7619m Passu Peak 7388m, Baltar Peak 7431m, and Batura one 7885m, Karoon Koh 7458m, Dastagil SAR, and Many 6000 m peak around you. The trek starts from Borit Lake of Gulkin village to Passugar, Luzdur, through summer pastures, beautiful high meadows with limestones.
Hunza Patundas Trek is especially recommended for those who intend to do short walks for one to five days. It has varieties for those as well who take interest in long treks of up to ten days. However, a round trip starting at Borith Lake and concludes at Batura near Passu is considered a rewarding walk. Most parts of this trek are easy with wild followers and great summer pastures. The only difficult part is grossing glacier. The panoramic views of Batura 7785m, Passu 7284m & Shisper Peak 7611m is superb. You will meet very friendly Wakhi people with their cattle in summer pastures who offer yogurt, buttermilk & fresh milk etc. to all visitors.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Islamabad Airport|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please arrive at least 2 hours before the flight.|
you may also like this trek Rush Lake Trek
Famous treks in Hunza Valley
Itinerary of Hunza Patundas Trek
- Day 1: Arrival in Islamabad. Overnight in hotel.
- Day 2: Islamabad – Gilgit. Flight or drive to Gilgit. Overnight in hotel.
- Day 3: Gilgit – Karimabad. After lunch we visit Altit and Baltit Fort. Overnight in hotel.
- Day 4: Karimabad – Burit Lake. We drive up to Burit Lake. After lunch one can make an excursion to the Ghulkin Glacier nearby. Overnight in camp.
- Day 5: Burit Lake – Passugar. We start our trek which is a 3 – 4 hours walk. We cross the hot, dry ridge to Passuagar pasture, in the ablation valley on the south side of Passu Glacier. Near the sheperd huts we establish our camp.
- Day 6: Passugar – Lazhdur. We continue the trek to Lazhdur. Before approaching Lazhdur we have to cross the Passu Glacier. The whole trek is 3 – 4 hours. Lazhdur is an unused pasture at 3400 m. Overnight in camp.
- Day 7: Lazhdur – Patundas. 3 – 4 hours trek. This is a climb gaining 800 m altitude to Pantandas Pasture on the top of the ridge between Passu and Batura glaciers. Overnight in camp.
- Day 8: Restday to explore and enjoy the beautiful views around. Overnight in camp.
Day 9 Pandandas – Mulunghil. We start our downhill journey to Mulunghil with terrific views along the glacier. Overnight in camp.
- Day 10: Mulunghill – Gulmit. After a short trek we drive by jeep to Gulmit. Overnight in hotel.
- Day 11: Gulmit – Chilas. Drive to Chilas. Overnight in hotel.
- Day 12: Chilas – Islamabad. Overnight in hotel.
- Day 13: Islamabad. Sightseeing of the twincities Islamabad and Rawalpindi. Overnight in hotel.
- Day 14: Onward flight. Khuda hafiz!