The world’s highest Polo field
Polo is known as the King of the games. Gilgit is the home of this spirited game where the British rediscovered and promoted it. Today polo is played in Gilgit and Chitral enthusiastically in its original trilling form.
For the last few years, a polo tournament is organized between the traditional rival polo teams of Gilgit Region and Chitral at the high plateau of Shandur Pass (3734 m) every year in summer.
This week long festival coupled with folk music and dance at the height of 3700 meters in the back drop of Hindukush mountains, is an event not to be missed.
Polo – The Game of Kings
Passion for Polo will be the highest on the world’s highest Polo ground. Shandur invites visitors to experience a traditional polo tournament between the teams of Chitral and Gilgit during the 2nd week of July. The tournament is held on Shandur Pass, the highest polo ground in the world at 3,700 meters. The festival will also include folk music and dancing and a camping village is set up.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Islamabad Airport|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please arrive at least 2 hours before the flight.|
- Day 01: Arrival Islamabad Upon Arrival transfer to the Hotel. Afternoon twin city tour.
- Day 02: Gilgit Fly to Gilgit
- Day 03: Gilgit Sightseeing of Gilgit.
- Day 04: Gilgit-Phander Jeep to Phander Lake.
- Day 05: Phander-Shandur Jeep to Shandur Pass.
- Day 06-09: Shandur Participate in the thrilling Polo games, dancing and singing festival
- Day10 11 : Chitral-Gilgit Back to Gilgit.
- Day 12: Gilgit-Islamabad.
- Day 13: Islamabad Embark home bond flight