The Boroghil region along the Wakhan Corridor is an area yet to be explored. There exist secluded virgin valleys and grazing lands touching Afghanistan and the Central Asian states through this famous strip.
While trekking we cross three passes starting with an easy stroll through the valleys and pastures. The scenery is captivating and out of this world. We pass by the Wakhan, an easy route from Russia which makes it a place of crucial importance. The Chillinji Pass joins the region with the upper Hunza Valley above Sost. We cross the famous shrine called Ziarat Baba Ghundi to arrive on the KKH and drive to Karimabad, the capital of the former Hunza state. In Hunza, we do sightseeing, enjoy the beauty of the surrounding mountains and experience the traditional hospitality of the local people. Later on we drive along the KKH as we return to Islamabad.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Islamabad Airport|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please arrive at least 2 hours before the flight.|
From here we trek to the base camp and enjoy the beauty of the rising giant of the Hindu Kush. For the return journey, there are two options, one to return via the same route and the other to go to Gilgit crossing Shandur Pass, famous for Polo matches and then driving through the picturesque Ghizer Valley.
A spectacular drive to Uthul takes us to the jump off point, and trekking across Zani Pass (3886m) provides excellent views of Hindukush and the Hindu Raj Ranges. Passing through the villages of Atak and Bandak, one arrives Shogor, at the foot of the Tirich Glacier. A free day will enable us to explore and will, allow for fantastic views of Tirich Mir (7708m), Istoro Nal (7403m) and heavily crevassed upper Tirich Glacier. Visit legendary Kafir Kalash of Chitral, and the historical Khyber Pass.
- Day 01: Arrival to Rawalpindi/Islamabad Hotel
- Day 02: Drive to Peshawar/Swat Hotel
- Day 03: Drive to Chitral Hotel
- Day 04: Day excursion to Kalash Valley and back to Chitral Hotel
- Day 05: Drive to Zhopo. Camp
- Day 06: Drive to Lasht Camp
- Day 07: Trek to Kishmanja Camp
- Day 08: Trek to Chikar Camp
- Day 09: Trek to Lashkargaz Camp
- Day 10: Trek to Karambar Lake Camp
- Day 11: Optional climb of Chota Pahad (5740M/18,942ft) Camp
- Day 12: Trek to Sueyinj Camp
- Day 13: Trek to Sughtarabad over Chatiboi Glacier Camp
- Day 14: Trek to Chillinji Jungle Camp
- Day 15: Trek to Chillinji Base Camp (4500 meters/14850ft) Camp
- Day 16: Cross Chillinji Pass (5291M/17460ft) and trek to Biater Camp
- Day 17: Trek to Baba Ghundi Ziarat. Camp
- Day 18: Drive to Karimabad Hunza Hotel
- Day 19: Rest day in Karimabad/Explore Karimabad & surroundings Hotel
- Day 20: Drive to Besham Hotel
- Day 21: Drive to Islamabad Hotel
- Day 22: Drive to Airport for homebound flight